Sunday 17 August 2014

Propaganda against meat

Read this on BBC online today:

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-28797106

Why is it people lie so much? They talk about being a carnivore so they increase their meat intake and continue to eat buns, bread, etc with it. Then they write a piece for the BBC.

A carnivore is an entity that eats meat/fish/eggs/animals exclusively with a blade of grass here and there just for the fun of it.

I emailed the author asking him how he could have made those statements without actually being a carnivore. Let's see what the response will be if any.

I was a carnivore for 6 months once until I fell off the wagon. Those 6 months were the best in my life and I'm striving to get back to feeling as good as I did and I'm almost there.


11 comments:

  1. it's like the "Clinton is a vegan" stories -- yeah, if you completely disregard the fact that he regularly eats eggs and fatty fish! sorry, he's an omnivore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, Tess! I haven't been following the Clinton stuff but eggs and fish being vegan is a laugh. It's probably just the ignorance of the public not knowing the difference between vegan and vegetarian.

      Delete
    2. I did some research and he seems to be following the advice of both Dr. Ornish and Dr. Hyman, lol. What a laugh.

      Delete
    3. As someone once said, Clinton can see the seven sides of a three-sided problem.

      Delete
  2. We already know that a diet high in fat and carbohydrates is harmful.

    And the dude doubled his meat intake to a quarter pound a day? Now that's living on the edge. Next thing you know, he'll be having a cocktail on his birthday AND Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We know that Lori, but other people don't. He ate his bacon in sandwiches and hamburgers in buns. How does that equate to a carnivore diet? Let's hope it doesn't lead to what you mentioned :P

      Delete
  3. I would ignore all that media stupidity if I were alone on the planet, unfortunately, they influence many vulnerable people, even well educated ones.
    From my point of view, the fear of meat is just another quasi-religious movement humans have an urge to be engaged into. We, humans, always manage to find some absurd ideas to follow to feed our strange need in rituals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit it on the head Galina when you said they influence many vulnerable people, unfortunately.

      Delete
  4. Hi thanks for the link posted it on our blog today. I agree about the burger buns and bread, putting his weight gain, high BP and raised cholesterol down solely to the meat is sending out the wrong message.

    Graham

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Horf - off topic - but I meant to say it's great seeing you at our new low carb diabetic forum. Thanks for your support, we nead to broadcast LCHF to as many people as we can.
    Tess has been over too.

    Thanks

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I wish your forum the best success and I too hope as many people as possible find it.

      Delete