Saturday 26 January 2013

Imagine that!

Everyone is pooh poohing Dr. Kruse for his stance on cold therapy, me included to a degree (no pun intended). The reason I mention this now is that I was spending a lot of time reading  Dr. Ayers site "Cooling Inflammation" the last couple of days looking for some answers to several of my health issues and because I love him and too bad he's married (but I digress) and came across this in one of the comments sections. Someone had asked what should be done to stimulate the vagus nerve.

His response in part was:
There are numerous ways to stimulate the Vagus nerve in general including:
  • the Valsalva maneuver
  • joga relaxation exercises (shavasana)
  • immersing the face in cold water
Sooooo, maybe cold therapy can be useful to a degree and let's not throw the concept out entirely.

Just a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment