Wednesday 20 February 2013

Feast or Famine

One of the things that gives me panic attacks is not having at least a hundred books waiting to be read. Ok I'm exaggerating perhpas 60 or so. Right now I'm on a roll. I have tons of books waiting to be read but everything is getting held up by the book I am now reading.

Forget plot, forget information, forget anything else. My gauge for rating a book is: If I want to continue reading, then it's a good book. If I want to continue reading and find the material fascinating then that's a bonus. If I want to continue reading and the material is fascinating and the writing style superb then I'm in heaven.

So getting back to the book I am now reading by Dr. Robert H. Lustig called "Fat Chance." I'm on page 58. This book is great and meets all the criteria outlined above. Dr. Lustig has a great writing style and I'm sure I'll learn a lot and really enjoy myself. I'm finding the section on fast food is making me hungry so I need to get through that part really fast. lol

I'm not a scholar but this book should be read by everyone whether or not they are interested in nutrition and obesity.

No comments:

Post a Comment